THE ASSOCIATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENTERPRISES
The Association of Environmental Enterprises is an industrial life organization of companies in the environmental field. It is a member of the Chemical Industry Federation in Finland, which is member of the Confederation of Finnish Industries.
The association was established in 1995. It has about 100 members, who represent about 80 % of the turnover and employees within its field in Finland.
The Association of Environmental Enterprises (YYL)
• acts in different organizations, committees and working groups
• proposes and issues expert opinions
• secures competitiveness and operating conditions of its members
• aids its members to accomplish business based on market economy and sustainable development
• observes the development of the environmental field and legislation
• guides and advises its members when working with different authorities
• examines and develops new practices
• promotes its members´ professional skills and know-how
The Association of Environmental Enterprises is a leading association within the field of Environmetal Industry and well known by different interest groups.
It acts effectively and anticipates the changes in the operating environment. It acts professionally and reliably to promote the business of its members both nationally and internationally.
The members of the Association operate in the following areas of Environmental Management:
• Environmental logistics
• Resource recovery and treatment, secondary raw materials
• Energy recovery
• Recycling of metals
• Sewage & technical cleansing
• Hazardous waste
• Environmental technology.
More information about The Association of Environmental Enterprises (Power Point slides in pdf, 115 Kb)
YYL is a national coordinator for the European Business Awards for the Environment (EBAE) competition.
YYL is a member of FEAD (European Federation of Waste Management and Environmental Services)
YYL is a member of ISWA (International Solid Waste Association).
The Association of Environmental Enterprises
Eteläranta 10, P.O. Box 4
Tel. +358 9 1728 4339
Telefax +358 9 1728 4300
Managing Director Ms Anna-Kaisa Auvinen
Environmental Expert, Communication Manager Ms Pia Vilenius
Executive Assistant Ms Sirpa Komulainen
YYL is a national member of the European Federation of Waste Management and Environmental Services